Successful Business Process Modelling in BPMN 2
Learn to create clear process models in BPMN 2 that can be easily shared between business and IT! This BPMN course is ideal for business professionals who would like to gain a better understanding of their internal business procedures.
Would you like to become one of those rare professionals who speak the language of successful business process change? Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) is the standard designed specifically for modelling business processes. BPMN is the universal language that helps companies effectively model and optimise their business processes.
Our hands-on BPMN training course will change the way you look at processes within your company or organisation. With an in-depth understanding of BPMN, you will be able to visualise and improve your business processes, gain more control and make them more efficient. You will also learn how to avoid the most common mistakes in processes and how to eliminate mistakes that cost time and money. By practising BPMN the right way, it is possible for your organisation to become more efficient and profitable.
In this BPMN course you will learn the fundamentals of BPMN 2 and get acquainted with the many possibilities that modelling with BPMN offers. This is a hands-on course where you will practise applying BPMN, receive practical examples and work with engaging business cases and assignments. We encourage you to bring your own questions and cases so that you can start improving your own organisation right away!
Customised and in-company courses:
We offer customised training solutions: from adjusting learning objectives to full integration of company-specific cases, we can tailor programmes to suit your specific needs. Please contact us if you are interested in a customised course.
This BPMN course covers the following:
- BPMN in relation to BPM (Business Process Management)
- Effective modelling
- The function of a process model
- BPMN in relation to Business Analysis
- Benefits and challenges of using BPMN
- BPMN and UML: two standards for different purposes
- Diagrams in BPMN 2
- The most important symbols in BPMN 2 (Events, Activities, Gateways, Connecting Objects, Pools and Swimlanes, Artefacts)
- Designing business processes with BPMN
- Tracing mistakes in process models
- Making processes more efficient with BPMN
- Working with a BPMN modelling tool
- Documenting a BPMN process model
Objectives BPMN course
During this BPMN introduction course you will:
- Understand the role of BPMN within Business Process Management
- Gain understanding of what ‘modelling’ is
- Learn the fundamentals of BPMN 2 (Business Process Model and Notation)
- Learn the benefits and challenges of using BPMN
- Become familiar with the most important symbols used in BPMN 2 standard
- Learn to make processes more efficient with the help of BPMN
- Practise applying BPMN in business processes modelling
- Practise working with a BPMN tool
Who should attend
The introduction BPMN modelling course is suitable for anyone responsible for modelling business processes, including:
- Enterprise Architects
- Business Architects
- Business Analysts
- Process owners
- Information Architects (IA)
- Information Officers (CIO)
- Information Professionals
- Quality Managers
- Human Resource Managers (HRM)
- System Developers
Duration: 1 day (~ 8 hours)
Language: English or Dutch
Location: The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht or your preferred location (in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Other countries upon request).
Dates: Various dates are possible upon request.
Instructor: Your instructor is an experienced business architect with broad knowledge of process modelling with BPMN and is adept at bridging theory and practice.
Certificate: Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Various dates are possible upon request. Look here for our customised training options.
Course Process Modelling in BPMN Innsbruck
Course Process Modelling in BPMN Zürich
Course Process Modelling in BPMN Munich (München)
If you wish to receive more information or would like to discuss the training possibilities for your company, please contact us using the form below.