UML course: UML for software development
In this foundation UML course you will learn the basics of object-oriented modelling in UML (Unified Modelling Language) – the standard for designing information systems. In UML the different relationships between objects can be easily visualised. The use of UML will help you to develop better systems and apps thanks to a clear structure and architecture.
You will learn to model the behaviour of the application (behavioural diagrams) and the structure of the application (structural diagrams). In this UML training course you will also gain UML knowledge on how to model the flow of an application (how does the application work?) as well as the user interaction with the software (how does a user experience the software?).
Some of the UML benefits:
- UML is a recognised industry standard which leads to easier onboarding of new team members
- Clear and simple visualisation of the system/application
- Increased maintainability of the software due to better understanding of the structure and operation of the software
- Increased commitment of stakeholders and therefore increased acceptance
- Easier integration and information exchange between information systems
- Easier and uniform documentation.
The content of this UML training programme is based on the UML Foundation certification programme from OMG and provides a basic knowledge of UML.
Are you looking to prepare specifically for the OMG Certified UML Professional 2 (OCUP 2) exam? Please contact us for a more comprehensive programme.
This UML training programme can be used with Visual Paradigm, Sparx Enterprise Architect, Visio, or another tool of your choice.
Customised and in-company courses:
We offer customised training solutions: from adjusting learning objectives to full integration of company-specific cases, we can tailor programmes to suit your specific needs. Please contact us if you are interested in a customised course.
- The added value of modelling
- Effective modelling
- UML and Business Processes (UML vs BPMN standard)
- Possibilities and challenges while using UML
- Most important terms and notations of UML
- Class Diagram
- Object Diagram
- Package Diagram
- Use Case Diagram
- Activity Diagram
– Sequence Diagram
– State Machine Diagram
– Working with a UML tool
– Documenting UML diagrams.
During this foundation UML course you will:
- Understand the value and the basic principles of object-oriented modelling
- Understand the fundamentals of UML
- Learn the possibilities and challenges of using UML
- Get to know the following diagrams (notations) and their use: class diagram, object diagram, package diagram, use case diagram, activity diagram, sequence diagram, state machine diagram
- Learn efficient and structured software development with UML
- Practise working with UML
- Practise modelling UML in a tool of your choice.
Who should attend
The UML training programme is relevant for anyone who would like to learn modelling in UML, for example:
- System Architects
- System Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Software and System developers
- App developers
- Information and data modellers
- Information Architects
Duration: 2 days (~ 16 hours)
Language: English or Dutch
Location: The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht or your preferred location (in the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany. Other countries upon request).
Dates: Various dates are possible upon request.
Instructor: Your instructor has a broad knowledge of UML and is adept at bridging theory and practice.
Certificate: Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
If you wish to receive more information or would like to discuss the training possibilities for your company, please contact us using the form below.