Modelling safe business processes
Did you know that organisations seldom take privacy and security into account when modelling their business processes? And that by neglecting privacy and security they endanger their own safety and profits and those of their clients?
“Privacy and Security in modelling with BPMN 2” training teaches you about the risks your organisation faces every day. You will be given the tools you need to model safe and structured processes, adapt and strengthen processes over time and mitigate risks. After following this privacy and security modelling training, you will definitely approach your business process modelling with a higher safety awareness and in a more professional way.
During this training you will learn to apply various techniques for improving your business processes. You will gain a more critical approach to modelling business processes and be able to communicate more effectively with third parties. The course ‘Privacy and Security in modelling with BPMN 2’ takes place in an inspiring learning environment where theory, practice and knowledge-sharing naturally complement each other.
Customised and in-company courses:
We offer customised training solutions: from adjusting learning objectives to full integration of company-specific cases, we can tailor programmes to suit your specific needs. Please contact us if you are interested in a customised course.
Course outline Privacy and Security in modelling with BPMN 2
- Information Security (ISO 27003:2013)and privacy in relation to BPM
- The importance of privacy and security when modelling business processes
- Fundamentals of Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- optional: knowledge refreshment BPMN 2 symbols and process models
- Conditions necessary for correct and safe process models
- Recognising and preventing risks within process models
- Privacy and Security in modelling / BPMN
- Structured and secure modelling with BPMN
- Modelling in layers to improve security
- Security extension on BPMN
Objectives Privacy and Security in modelling with BPMN 2
During this course you will:
- Become aware of the importance of privacy and security when modelling business processes.
- Learn the conditions for effective and secure business process models.
- Learn common risks in process modelling and how to offset them.
- Know which method to use to further improve modelling.
- Learn why BPMN works so well when modelling safe business processes.
- Be able to choose the right techniques to integrate privacy and security into models developed with BPMN.
- Be able to contribute to the security of your organisation by identifying risks and bottlenecks and being able to advise on how to prevent or offset them.
- Practise evaluating business processes models and learn to identify where change is needed.
Who should attend
The Privacy and Security in modelling with BPMN course is suitable for anyone responsible for modelling business processes, including:
- Information Professionals
- Business Analysts
- Information Officers (CIO)
- Security Officers (CSO)
- Information Architects (IA)
- Quality Managers
- Human Resource Managers(HRM)
- Process owners
- and anyone wishing to implement privacy and security into their organisation
Prerequisites: Some knowledge of modelling with BPMN is assumed (see for example: Introduction to Business Process Modelling in BPMN) although the course can be tailored to varying levels of existing knowledge. A BPMN refreshment module is available as well as a combined course, teaching the basics of modelling in BPMN and how to model while applying privacy and security.
Duration: 2 days (~ 16 hours)
Language: English or Dutch
Location: The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht or your preferred location (in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Other countries upon request).
Dates: Various dates are possible upon request.
Instructor: Your instructor has a broad knowledge of process modelling with BPMN, security and privacy and is adept at bridging theory and practice.
Certificate: Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Various dates are possible upon request. Look here for our customised training options.
If you wish to receive more information or would like to discuss the training possibilities for your company, please contact us using the form below.